Contributions are welcome¶
And they are greatly appreciated! Every little bit helps, and credit will always be given.
Types of Contributions¶
Report bugs at https://github.com/daspanel/daspanel/issues
If you are reporting a bug, please include:
- Your operating system name and version.
- Any details about your local setup that might be helpful in troubleshooting.
- Detailed steps to reproduce the bug.
Look through the GitHub issues for bugs. Anything tagged with "bug" and "help wanted" is open to whoever wants to implement it.
Look through the GitHub issues for features. Anything tagged with "enhancement" and "help wanted" is open to whoever wants to implement it.
Daspanel could always use more documentation, whether as part of the
official docs, in docstrings, or even on the web in blog posts, articles, and
The best way to send feedback is to file an issue at https://github.com/daspanel/daspanel/issues
If you are proposing a feature:
- Explain in detail how it would work.
- Keep the scope as narrow as possible, to make it easier to implement.
- Remember that this is a volunteer-driven project, and that contributions are welcome :)
Ready to contribute? Here's how to set up
Daspanel for local development.
- Fork the
Daspanelrepo on GitHub.
Clone your fork locally:
$ git clone email@example.com:your_name_here/daspanel.git
Create a branch for local development:
$ git checkout -b name-of-your-bugfix-or-feature
Now you can make your changes locally.
Commit your changes and push your branch to GitHub:
$ git add . $ git commit -m "Your detailed description of your changes." $ git push origin name-of-your-bugfix-or-feature
Submit a pull request through the GitHub website.
Pull Request Guidelines¶
Before you submit a pull request, check that it meets these guidelines:
- The pull request should include tests.
- If the pull request adds functionality, the docs should be updated. Put your new functionality into a function with a docstring, and add the feature to the list in README.rst.
- The pull request should work for latest Docker Engine/Docker Compose oficial versions.