Site using only static HTML/JS¶
In this tutorial you will learn how to create an static site in Daspanel and download an initial template form Github.
Open the admin in your browser http://admin.daspanel.site
The admin user and your password are the ones you choose when creating your project as instructed here.
Create new site¶
Go to the Sites module
- Add new site clicking the icone in the upper right of the Sites panel to see the page with the options for the new site:
- Write an description for your new site
- Choose 'Generic site' as Type
- And 'Static' as Engine
- Click on the button 'CREATE SITE'
Install initial content¶
After the site has been created, a screen will be displayed to upload any remote content that is in a ZIP file. For this howto we will use a website template that is in Github.
- To do the installation place this link https://github.com/BlackrockDigital/startbootstrap-creative/archive/gh-pages.zip in the URL field.
- Click the "UPLOAD CONTENT" button.
Because the site has been created now and the ZIP file with the content is publicly accessible, you only have to enter the URL where to get the file.
View the new site¶
Once the content of the new site has been installed you will see a page like this:
- Click the "PREVIEW" button and a new window will open in your browser displaying the contents of the active version of the site.
Now just customize the site for your needs.